There are more than 70 universities located throughout Spain. Of those 50 are public and the rest are private universities. Most of the universities are situated in Madrid and else in Barcelona and Valencia, although universities can also be found in other Spain cities as well. Any of these universities can certainly help you return to school and earn a postgraduate degree of your choice, no matter how long it has been since you first earned your bachelor’s degree.
A number of the universities available in Spain offer a large international group of students earning their postgraduate degree. This makes it possible to meet new people from around the world while also divulging in new cultures and experiences as you gain an excellent education from an amazing university.
What you Should know about Postgraduate Studies in Spain
There are a number of things that you should know about earning a Master’s degree from any of the universities in Spain, and here we aim to provide you with the essential information to make your life easier. Take a look at this information and you will have everything needed to study for a postgraduate degree in Spain.
Students coming to Spain to earn a Postgraduate degree will find themselves among some of the best schools in the world. Spain has great schools that provide you the opportunity to nurture your learning and enhance yourself with many different courses offered. There are doctorates in Arts and Humanities, Sciences, Health Science, Social Science and Law and in Engineering and Architecture and others. Take a look at some of the courses and Master’s degrees offered through Spain postgraduate programs.
- Advanced English
- Art History Advanced
- Aerospace Science
- Human Language
- Language Processing
- Family Intervention Master’s
- International MBA
- Business Law
- Pain Treatment
- Business marketing
Keep in mind there are many additional Postgraduate degrees available in areas other than those listed above as well. This is intended only to give you a sampling of what can be expected. Chances are high that you can find a college offering a degree that will pertain to your current degree or chosen field of study.
Hours Needed for Postgraduate Degree
To earn a master’s degree at a Spain university the student must complete all required coursework over a period of two years. The number of credits that will be needed will vary, but range from 60 and 120 Euros per semester. Once the degree is earned it is valid in all EHEA validated countries.
A doctoral degree from a Spain university is divided into two different parts: part one involved 60 classroom credits and part two is research involved with the degree. A maximum of 3 years is allowed in the classroom in order for a doctoral degree to be earned. This number rises to 5 years Is the student is attending part-time.
Most of the universities in Spain have two semesters in the school year. Most of those universities begin the first semester starting in the middle of September or in early October. These classes end in December or early January, with the final completion exam also taking place in January. The second semester begins after the exams at the end of January of the first of February and concludes in May. Another exam is also required upon completion of this semester, which is taken in June.
All federal holidays are observed, which include Christmas. Additionally there are numerous extracurricular activities offered in Spain schools, ranging from theatrical performances to cooking and sports and more.
To be admitted into a Postgraduate program in Spain a student must meet the following admission requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree that has been obtained from a country inside of the EHEA or in Spain, Or hold a degree deemed to be satisfactory from another country, which would be equivalent to that of a Bachelor’s degree in Spain.
- An application must be submitted to the university in which you would like to attend. There will be an application fee association with the submission of this application and must be included when submitting.
- If entering a Doctoral program the student must have already obtained 60 credits in a classroom.
- If you will be in Spain more than 3 months you will also need a visa, with a copy of that Visa being presented to the school along with your application. If you will be attending for a period of more than six months a student must have both a student’s residence card and a visa.
- All information that is submitted to the university must be submitted in Spanish. If you are from a country that is not Spanish speaking, an official translation must be provided. There are a couple of options for getting an official translation, so make sure this is something that you do. Submitting your documents in a language other than Spanish will delay your acceptance into the university.
- Be sure that all of your information (applications for admission, documents for Visa applications, transcripts, translations, etc.) are submitted well ahead of time so that you are certain everything has been properly processed.
The average cost to earn a Postgraduate degree at a university in Spain is between 120 and 240 Euros per year (two semesters.) Do keep in mind that those tuition fees vary, and you should also take into consideration other costs that you will incur while attending school, such as school supplies, rents and personal needs. Also bear in mind the length of time that is needed to complete the requirements to earn your degree when considering the costs.
When you are ready to take on many new life experiences, make sure that you consider earning your postgraduate degree in Spain. The beautiful country offers the chance at an amazing education and so much more, so do not miss out on the opportunity that is before you.
Masters Degree Resources:
Join 22,141 other students interested in studying in Spain and get regular emails sent to your inbox with helpful articles about studying in Spain, latest news and many scholarship opportunities...
Enter your personal email address below:
Your information is 100% safe and will not be shared with anyone else. You can unsubscribe with one click at any time.